UFWDA Guide to Honoring Private Property Owners
Honoring the rights of private property owners are not really different than obeying the rules when recreating on managed public land.
Our philosophy is straight forward: If you don’t have specific permission to wheel there, then don’t.
• Get permission before you drive on private property
• Do not trespass
• Avoid riding in areas just because “everyone wheels here all the time without permission”
• Permission given to someone else to be on private property does not necessarily mean you have permission to be there
• When you trespass you blemish the reputation of all 4×4 users
• Your decision today impacts everyone else’s access tomorrow, including your own
• Before you drive on private property ask yourself;
o Do I have permission to be here?
o Does someone with whom I’m with have permission for ME to be here?
o If your answer to either question is “no” or “I don’t know” then don’t drive there.